Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Faith Conquers Cities

When I grew up in Maryland I truly loved the mountain-view surrounding my home, its beauty would always take my breath away.  Usually upon the front porch or staring out my bedroom window, I enjoyed watching the seasons change.  Change always brought about hope, expectation, and beauty to behold.  Yet, it's not so easily viewed beautiful in my life, honestly it's difficult.  We can't have transformation without a change, so why do I fight it so?

 As the mountain stands perfectly still; it’s quite intimidating.  It’s massively large, beyond my ability to move, and it’s preventing my view of the Promise.  Honestly, I don’t desire to sing again, “She will be coming around the mountain.”  It seems to have become my theme song.  Although God’s calling is clear on my life, the directions right now are foggy.  I can’t seem to find the road map to get to the mountain trail.  God’s silent.  So, in His silence, I admit I have felt abandoned in the process.  With no reception, no response, and I am in a state of panic!  I feel as if I am screaming, “Is anyone out there?”

Don't allow God's silence to prevent your heart from staying obedient.  Stay faithful to His Word, it will shine the direction for your steps.  Maybe the direction isn't what YOU WANTED but God's still working.  Yet, our expectations have been shattered, our desires have faded, and our hope is slipping away so we hide.  It’s easier to withdraw into the night, so our hearts can’t be revealed.  Fear is a prison; faith is the only key to fit the lock to open it.  God’s promises don’t come without a challenge of faith.  Oh, it’s God’s Word pure and true.  It’s tightly held in my fist to claim but our foot is still locked.  Doubt, insecurity, and fear have flooded our mind, it's hindering the voice of God from being heard.  God’s silence isn’t punishment; it’s a test of faith.  Our faith will be tried, no one is exempt from being tested.  Yet, it’s only when we are tested, we will be shine as gold. But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. ~ Job 23:10

At the moment the mountains may stand tall, so tall you can’t see.  Yet, may I remind you who created the mountains, the ocean, and who created you!  God doesn’t give us a mountain to conquer in our own ability but His.  Keep in mind, the children of Israel wandered in a desert but they had to CONQUER a city before entering the Promised Land.  A desert will cause us thirst for God’s will but the city will be overthrown by faith in God.  Only when we walk in faith will God part the waters of the Jordan. 
 
We won’t see the miraculous of God’s hand until we take His hand by faith.  God’s will never abandon or misled His children to the place of unknown; He leads us to place of His own.  So, hopefully the first step will not be hard to take, God’s awaiting your move.  Besides God’s already melted the hearts of your enemy, they heard God’s coming!  So gird your weapons, blow the shofar, and start walking around the walls of Jericho!  Get ready to shout!  No wall or mountain can stand against the presence of the Lord!  Mountains melt like wax in the presence of the Lord. (Psalm 97:5)

"When we heard it, our hearts melted and no courage remained in any man any longer because of you; for the LORD your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath” ~ Joshua 2:11 

God’s already intimated your enemy, so don’t fret.  Your enemy has no courage to attack, God’s fame has been heard!  No one is able to stand against Him, nobody!  Yet, only the redeemed will be able to see the beautiful place He has prepared for them.  A promise of God is worth waiting for, standing for, and walking in!  Don’t allow your mountains to intimate you; introduce your mountain to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment