Saturday, June 23, 2012

Remember the Lord

Whenever we take a step of faith, we will get a lump in our throat.  Faith is the unshakeable confidence; God will do what He says.  Although I admit it, my faith was shaken for my focus wasn’t secure on God.  As the ideas came on paper, I was very excited until I looked at my bank account.  Within my heart I prayed, “Lord, how do I do this?” His answer has been the same the last few days, “Tina, see it done.”  “Receive the promise I have spoken to you.” 

     “How do I receive something I can’t see?”  “How do I plan without the monies?”  Yet, I have the promises of God written in my heart spoken so many years ago.  Daily I re-play the Sunday night at the altar pouring my heart out to God about His calling.  I was seeking confirmation, direction, and surrendering to His desires.  A man of God prophesied over me as I was saught the Lord.  As I listen to the word spoken it not only confirmed my calling but God reassured me of His promises.  As the years have passed, I have held very tightly to this word.  Besides this precious night, I have written every scripture, dream, or prophecy spoke to build my faith during those dark times.  Yet, I admit it, my heart allowed discouragement to speak.  As I drove to work instead of listening to worship music or the Bible, I sat in silence.  Discouragement divided my affections, truth of God’s Word, and caused me to focus on the enormous mountain, the finances.

 As I drove into the parking lot, it was completely empty.  While driving to a parking spot, a woman walked right passed me.  She was just getting off work; she was on the phone talking to someone.  As I parked my car, I was surprised to see money on the ground.  So, I got out of my car and picked it up. I looked around the area but didn’t see anyone who may have lost it.  Quickly, I jumped back in the car to find the woman who passed me in the parking lot.  As I approached the woman I could tell it was her money, she was carrying a small purse with money sticking out.  I asked, “Miss, did you lose something?”  She said, “No, I have everything.” I responded, “Well, I don’t believe you do.” I handed her the monies I found.  She was very shocked by my response and said “Thank you!”  She wanted to give me a dollar but I advised to give it to her church.  I drove back to my parking spot and starting reading my Bible. 

Nehemiah was completely burdened about the destruction of his homeland and his people.  After praying for several months, God provides the means for Nehemiah to assist his people.  Keep in mind, Nehemiah wasn’t spiritual attacked during the months of praying or planning but when he stepped out in faith.  After advising the officials and leaders of his plans, Nehemiah testifies of God’s miraculous provisions.  So, the people quickly join Nehemiah in the efforts to restore the walls.  As the walls are half-way complete the people are starting to get weary through their labor.  So, the enemy attacks them during their weakest moment to stop their efforts. (Nehemiah 4:6-15)  As the enemies of Nehemiah became enraged, they plotted against the people to fight against them.  So, Nehemiah and the people pray with guards posted day and night.
     When we step out in faith to follow God’s direction with complete devotion, we must be prepared for battle.  Satan does get enraged towards us, plans an attack, and will fight against us.  Yet, we must pray to God without rest so it guards the work of God.  As the walls are half-way built, the people became weary and fearful of the enemies words.  So, Nehemiah places families with swords, spears, and bows on different locations.  In other words, Nehemiah calls for the body to fight the battle with him.  It’s time to stand against the enemies tactics. 

      Nehemiah said, “Don’t be afraid of them.  Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”  Nehemiah 4:15 says, “When our enemies heard that we were aware of their plot and that God had frustrated it, we all returned to the wall, each to his own work.”
     We can’t walk successful in fear; it’s only in faith we overcome the mountains.  We must remember the Lord who is great and awesome, so we gain the confidence to fight for ourselves and the body of Christ.  When we recognized the enemies plot, God will frustrate Satan’s plan so we can continue the work.  
    
Right after reading this passage of scripture, I felt uplifted.  Not only was my heart lifted, I recognized Satan’s scheme to discourage my heart to end God’s work.  Also, the woman who I saw earlier was parked beside me.  She forgot something, so she returned to her office.  As I walked up, she approached me again.  She inquired about my job, so I shared with her.  As the conversation continued, I shared my calling and dreams.  Before I left, she handed me a small blessing of ten dollars.  Honestly, I was stunned but it was a small token to remind me, God will take care of everything.  Discouragement opens the door to doubt, it floods are heart with fear and questions. People will mock, laugh, or try to destroy God's dream within your heart, ignore them. Resist their voice with God's truth. Believe God's Word, the promise is coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment