Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Written On the Capsule of My Heart

                                                                               
 Above my desk, I have a cork board of promises.  All of the promises are scriptures, confirmations, and dreams spoke from God about my life.  It’s a daily reminder of God’s spoken promise to me.  It wasn’t spoken through the mouth of man; it was spoken directly to my heart from God.  As each promise was spoken into my life; I have written it upon the capsule of my heart.  Deep within my soul I hold tightly to those precious promises; only shared with a select few.  Yet, the promises are held within the hand of God to fulfill them.  As the sparkle in my eyes eagerly awaits the fulfillment; God’s preparing my life for it.  As each day dawns, my life is challenged to grow for God’s call.  All of preparation comes through trials and tests, lessons of my past, continued prayer, and education from different seasons of my life.  All of seasons hold different lessons to prepare me; each one molds the dream to reality. 

     When I am too weak to fight the good fight of faith, God reminds me who I belong to.  When I walk in the midst of trouble, I can still have peace.  I can’t escape Him because the love of my devotion runs deep, the cross keeps me anchored.   The promises of God will be fulfilled because He spoke them.  I can’t force the promise to appear, God’s timing produces the blessings.  God never disappoints us; He will never fail us.  Our best intentions is what God has for us, it’s one of the beautiful benefits of belonging to God.  
Often we get impatient for God to move within our lives, we don’t see the evidence of our faith.  It’s during the waiting periods; we learn to trust God with the outcome.  We can’t have a harvest without a seed planted or tending to the field, it does require our actions.  Our faith contributes to the outcome but we can’t force the seed to grow.   When we have done our part; we have to trust God with His.  The walk of faith starts with a relationship with God but it’s nurtured through love and trust.   The experiences of life will eventually test our faith but God will bring loving assurances to protect it.  When we are tested; we must be faithful.  We can’t stop being faithful because of the length of the trial or the period of waiting.  Our faithfulness will declare our devotion, so God will entrust us with more.  Faithfulness produces the reality of dreams but the timeframe belongs to God.  God’s dreams for your life will be fulfilled; that’s a guarantee.   It’s time to write it down upon a tablet to hold unto.  

Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.  For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not be proven false.  Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.” ~Habakkuk 2:2-3

Also, meditate upon those moments to build your faith of God’s promise.  Carefully listen to Gods’ voice to guide your steps, realize life’s difficulties produce opportunities for growth, and faithfulness produces blessings.   

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” ~Psalm 32:8

 Recognize there is a cost for God’s dream, a person cost.  It’s a cost of sacrifice, being misunderstood, trial’s to falter your faith, and even persecution possibly from family.  The journey of life will prepare you for the dream but your faith in God will fulfill it.  Although his dream saved the lives of Israelites; his dream came with a price.  Although he was deeply loved by his father, he questioned and rebuked his dream.  Out of jealous for their father’s love and his dreams, his own brothers sold him into slavery.  As he entered the home of Pharaoh’s officials, the Lord granted him success.  Yet, the enemy tempted Joseph’s commitment to God through Potiphar’s wife.  Although he did nothing wrong; he went to prison.  Joseph was favored with the prison warden who gave him certain responsibilities for the jail.  Each experience brought Joseph opportunity to be faithful, so he was granted favor with God and man.  Although the prison doors held his life; it didn’t stop the preparation or withhold opportunity to be used. 

     As the story of Joseph’s life unfolds in scripture, it’s not an easy journey.  All of the obstacles didn’t prevent the fulfillment; it prepared him.  Only in the capsule of his heart could Joseph hold unto the promise, God’s promise.  A dream spoken into his life at the age of seventeen; it wasn’t fulfilled until he was a man.  As the dream started his life’s journey; the understanding came from a personal relationship with God.  What brought Joseph out of jail?  It wasn’t the dream but the ability to interpret dreams, a gift from hearing God’s voice. 

     Joseph had to develop his relationship with God; it’s what brought his deliverance.  So, remain faithful in your devotion to God.  Our God never sleeps or ignores the details of our lives; He is acquainted with them all.

“Yet what is due me is in the Lord's hand, and my reward is with my God."~Isaiah 49:4

1 comment: