Friday, August 5, 2011

Questions Have Purpose

sunrise3rdJuly2.jpg image by esdee_23     As the sun rose this morning, so did God’s faithfulness.  At this moment, it’s only thing I can hold or trust.  Life brings about so many changes, some I don’t agree with it.  Nevertheless, God’s plans can’t be stopped by man although I admit at times, I just don’t understand Him.  I admit, I have scratched my head and asked, “Lord, what are you doing?” 
     What’s so precious about being a child of God is the complete honest communication with Him.  Is it wrong to have questions before God?  One of the books of the Bible is full of questions to God, Habakkuk.  Questions are necessary to sharpen our minds, see another point of view, and find solutions.  As the body of Christ, we need to be able to discuss different thoughts, challenge a deeper walk with Christ, and encourage our daily walk.  Life’s pressures can seem overwhelming; we can lose focus of the truth.  Other times, we just need someone to share our burdens and pray with us. 
        Although we have questions, we need to seek the TRUTH, Jesus Christ.  Our minds must be transformed by the Word, saturated by the Spirit, and protected with all diligence.  According to the Word of God, we are to guard our hearts.  Why are we to guard our hearts? 
     Proverbs 22:5 says, “In the paths of the wicked lie thorns and snares, but he who guards his soul stays farm from them.
Proverbs 4:23 states, “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”
     It’s important to guard our heart, so we guard our life.  Our spiritual lives govern our daily life whether it is family, our relationship, our jobs, or finances.  All of our daily choices need to be governed by the Word of God.  If we neglected to follow God’s Word in any particular area, we allow the enemy an opportunity to place a foothold.  Understandably, we are growing in the grace and knowledge of Christ, we will always be transforming from glory to glory.  The most important aspect, we need to be yield or submissive to the Potter.  As He loving molds us into His image, we must be willing to change, repentant, and willing to be disciplined.  Maybe this is why David was considered the “man after God’s heart”. (Acts 13:22)  David was willing to do everything God wanted Him to do.
     A rebellious heart will never be controlled until it’s submissive to the reign of Christ.  It’s only through Christ our heart and minds are protected and at peace. Philippians 4:7, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” 

God's Word never changes but
it does change the heart.

     As I started my day, my heart was reflected on my college days since my institution is going to be transforming or no longer present.  I admit, my heart is grieved over it but my heart will trust in God’s plan.  All of the precious moments in chapel, making wonderful friends, and learning all aspects of ministry, I will never forget.  All of my professors challenged my walk with Christ to make it deeper, recognize my responsibility, but realize it’s eternal.  At Central Bible College, I was being equipped to become a minister for the Gospel of Christ whether the moments were good or bad.  Life will always challenge us; it’s the moments to allow the Truth to shine the brightest.  So, whatever God decides, I will follow His leading.  My heart has many questions but my heart’s focused on what’s true-the Word of God.  It has never changed, although it changed me.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment