Monday, August 1, 2011

PURPLE SOCKS

     Since I was a little girl, purple has always been my favorite color.  Purple is still feminine but it’s not so “girly” as pink.  When I think of pink, it reminds of the little girls with pig-tails and ruffles who are afraid to get dirty.  Throughout my childhood, I was a tomboy until I recognized this cute boy at school.  Only in my adolescence, I discovered make-up and curling irons.  It was a complete challenge to transform my hair but I really learned more about myself.  Something unique most probably don’t know, I enjoy looking beautiful for my husband but I enjoy getting my hands dirty.  If you want to knock down a wall of your house, remove tile, or remodel, I am your girl.  I can make a mean lasagna, bake cookies, and love to fix stuff.  Most of the major tools in my husband’s toolbox, I can advise what it is.  It’s funny though.  Although, I am married to a maintance man, I usually fix it myself; my husband’s a major procrastinator.  It’s a personality trait of his; I am trying to be patient with. 
     As I have matured, I have learned it’s not about the great hair styles or wearing mascara, it was about learning what makes me beautiful.  As I re-discovered myself, I learned a precious truth, God made me precious.  I am an original.  Although we are all different, I can still be unique.  My worship, my service, and life can still be a precious fragrance to offer God, it’s my own.
     At this moment in my life, I expected to be fulfilling God’s call upon my life.  So many nights, I have stayed awake to imagine the millions of souls who found Christ or were healed during a service.  Just in awe, of the Spirit moving so strong all who are sick start to walk, run, or see for the first time.  So, many stories I have read of past revivals or those who walked in the Spirit with such an anointing, it’s creating a hunger for a deep move of God.  Before I leave this earth, my prayer is to see God move as I have read about.  Also, to see all of God’s written promises fulfilled in my life.  What a beautiful moment, I can’t wait.
     Although I clearly know my destination, it’s the overwhelming details to get there.  When will I get there?  As my children scream in the back of the car, “Are we there yet?”  “No, so stop asking me!” “When we arrive, I will tell you.”  Our children have to trust us to arrive to the vacation destination; they can’t arrive on their abilities.  Well, it’s the same with God.  We can’t fulfill God’s desires for our lives on our own abilities; we have to ride together to the location.  God is preparing us; we have to allow Him to drive.
     Recently, I was allowing the enemy to speak a terrible lie into my heart, I was a failure.  On Facebook, letters, and some phone conversations, I have learned about my friends who are successful and fulfilling God’s call.  It seems all of the doors are opening very quickly, while I am just starting.  Yes, we shouldn’t compare ourselves but I admit it, I did.  All of the voices of insecurities, doubt, and fear started to overcome my faith.  As I started to withdraw, my dearest friend confronted me about it.  She quickly realized the lie, so I could start walking the truth.  She is a precious gem, one of God’s precious daughters.  She challenged me to write all of God’s promises or goals in my journal.  As a declaration to God, I will trust until it’s complete.
 After the morning of our conversation, I did something very daring.  My work uniform requires a certain dress code; we are to wear white socks.  Instead, of the normal daily attire, I wore my favorite purple socks, as a reminder, God’s promise is coming.  When you think of the color purple, what’s the first thing to come to mind?  When I think of purple, I think of royalty.  Will I ever be a princess?  Although I have a prince, he isn’t from a royal family.  My husband will always be the love of my life.  He will always be, “my handsome” who captured my heart. 
     Galatians 3:29, "If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."  Nevertheless, my heart belongs to the King of Kings, so by the blood, I am a princess.  Galatians 3:6-7, "Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father".  So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir."  I am an heir to the throne of grace who has access to all of the richest treasures of Heaven.  The promise doesn’t become a dream until God grants it.  So, my King declared it, I wait in expectation.    



    

. 
    

           

No comments:

Post a Comment