Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Swing of Solitude


In the back of my house, I can enjoy two beautiful acres of land with its beautiful scenery.  It’s not just the scenery I enjoy; it’s the beautiful exchange of love with God.   I cherish those quiet moments alone on the outside swing; I just simply talk to Jesus.  With being a wife and mother, I don’t have a quiet place of solitude within my house, so I enjoy my swing.  I admit I need to go there more often; life can be completely overwhelming at times.  Right now, life is beyond overwhelming but my heart is fixed on the anchor of my soul.   Although I can’t fix the illness of my father, my heart is fixed on the One who can, my Healer-Jesus Christ.  His voice calls me with desire, His love draws me with friendship, and His truth directs my steps to a fulfilled life. What a joy to walk with Jesus, my dearest friend, and lover of my soul!
     One night, as I sat on the swing, I started to reflect on the metaphor, the swing is only hooked on a single, strong, and very long branch.  As I swing, I cry out to the Lord with all my heart.  I allow Him to search me, try me, and love me.  Sometimes, I just go there to worship Him.  Nevertheless, the swing is only held by one branch, so my life is held by the true God.  My Heavenly Father is strong; His right arm will sustain me, protect me, and keep me.  As I meditate on His Word, I gain the spiritual nourishment needed to uplift me. 
  a388854fdff9690141d7b29217e0bdc1_1.jpg image by Moodester     We all need places of solitude, but the only person who can provide it is Jesus.  “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3 Peace is a promised is we trust in Him but we must keep it on Him.  Our hearts grow anxious from listening to the voice of fear, this isn’t God’s voice.  Anxiety causes disharmony of focus, allows fear to set in, and the enemy an opportunity to destroy us.  A sound mind can only be found by removing the fear and being saturated in love.
     Love directs the heart to the refuge, it runs into for shelter.  Fear can’t invade a heart who’s confident in God’s love or who they are in Christ.  Fear only brings torture; love brings a peace from the cold, wet, terrible storm.  Dwelling in the shelter of the Most High, a beautiful solitude place, is only found through trusting Him.  God is present always; He is our helper, strength but our refuge.
     Satan will try to torture the mind with voices of doubt, shame, and accusations.  Sometimes he will speak fear into our lives to cause our heart to panic.  For example, “Did you hear what the doctor said? “There is no hope.”  Or he will say, “No one cares for you, this situation can never change.”  All of these lies are defeated by the blood of Christ; He paid it all for your peace, healing, and salvation.  “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5
     He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuged and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2.  Right now, I don’t know what you are going through: marriage troubles, financial troubles, or a call from the doctor’s office.  May I encourage you to dwell in the presence of God, run quickly to Him!  Although the enemy seems powerful, he is defeated.  Sometimes the circumstances look horrific, God is magnificent.  God will take care of your troubles, as long as you dwell with Him.  Nothing is more powerful than God, absolutely nothing.

God will nestle you!


No comments:

Post a Comment